Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Just Walking...

I've come to realize more often than not that walking soothes me. Walking provides more than a means to get from one place to the next. It is a time for reflection, and give me perspective and direction while keeping my body and mind in motion. I enjoy being car-less not only because I find riding the bus interesting (to say the least) but because I am forced to walk more, plan my destinations, and save money at the same time. I've mentioned often how much I appreciate the health, financial and mental benefits of walking, biking or riding the bus to destinations. From time to time, I have to remind myself of why I've chosen to make Nashville my own little 'New York' in terms of transportation, and I've recently appreciated (again) that it comes down to just walking. I really do enjoy just walking...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi haven't connected with you in a while..enjoy your bus blog and hope to connect again soon..Maybe at the Tomato fest this weekend.
Howard Romaine

Shade Parade said...


Agreed! I love the freedom of walking and the chance for serendipitous interactions. The flow of endorphins is pretty wonderful, too. I moved to Nashville from NYC where walking is required. Here in Nashville, I find that there are many barriers such as lack of sidewalks. Any advice in trying to promote walkability and in making it de rigueur in Nashville?

Just recently, I have started a blog called Shade Parade (http://shadeparadenashville.blogspot.com) and would love any advice that you may have on promoting walkability. Thank you for writing on the very importance subject of walking!

Unknown said...


A licensed Loan Lender, We offer Affordable Loan at 3% interest rate available for local and international borrowers, Are you seriously interested in getting a genuine Loan without stress? Do you need this Loan for business and to clear your bills? Then send us an email now for more details via:(majidvijahlending@gmail.com)

LOAN APPLICATION FORM.

(1)Full Name:
(2)Country:
(3)State:
(4)Address:
(5)Sex:
(6)Occupation:
(7)Amount needed:
(8)Loan duration:
(9)Loan purpose:
(10)Telephone

Email Us:(majidvijahlending@gmail.com)

Unknown said...


A licensed Loan Lender, We offer Affordable Loan at 3% interest rate available for local and international borrowers, Are you seriously interested in getting a genuine Loan without stress? Do you need this Loan for business and to clear your bills? Then send us an email now for more details via:(majidvijahlending@gmail.com)

LOAN APPLICATION FORM.

(1)Full Name:
(2)Country:
(3)State:
(4)Address:
(5)Sex:
(6)Occupation:
(7)Amount needed:
(8)Loan duration:
(9)Loan purpose:
(10)Telephone

Email Us:(majidvijahlending@gmail.com)